- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 125 g pancetta, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, peeled and finely diced
- 125 g lean minced pork
- 375 g minced beef
- 150 ml Italian red wine
- 880 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomatoes, paste
- 2 bay leaves
For the pasta
- 200 g fresh tagliatelle
- butter, for tossing
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- freshly grated parmesan, for sprinkling
1. For the sauce: heat the oil and butter in a large pan. Add the pancetta, onion, carrot and celery and sweat over a low heat until the vegetables are slightly coloured and softened.
2. Add the pork and beef mince and continue cooking over a low heat, breaking the meat up with a fork or wooden spoon. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until the meat is dry and browned.
3. Pour in the red wine and deglaze the pan. Increase the heat and simmer until all the wine has evaporated. Season well again then add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste and bay leaves. Lower the temperature so that the sauce just simmers, then cover and leave to cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4. For the pasta: boil the tagliatelle in a large saucepan of salted water until al dente (tender but retaining some bite). Drain then add to the bolognese sauce along with a couple of knobs of butter and toss well.
5. Remove the bay leaves from the sauce and check the seasoning. Transfer the tagliatelle bolognese to a serving dish and finish with the parsley, a drizzle of olive oil and some parmesan cheese.
Rate This Recipe