- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: medium
For the pasta
- 450 g tipo '00' Italian '00' flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp salt
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the deli sauce
- 8-12 artichokes, in oil halved
- 1 large pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 8 slices Milano salami
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 handfuls sorrel
1. For the pasta: mix the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
2. Whisk the eggs and olive oil together and pour into the hollow in the flour. Gradually stir the flour into the egg using a wooden spoon, until all the egg is roughly mixed in.
3. Turn out the scruffy dough on to a lightly floured work surface and knead vigorously, working the edges into the centre, until the flour and egg are completely blended together and the dough forms a smooth ball.
4. Cut into 2 balls and wrap in clingfilm. Set aside to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Working straight from the refrigerator, use a pasta machine to flatten and stretch the dough. Cut the dough into manageable pieces to fit in between the rollers on the pasta machine. Dust the dough with flour every time it passes through the machine. Pass the dough through the machine 6-8 times on the thickest setting, then gradually reduce the thickness. As the sheet of pasta becomes thinner, the pasta develops a soft, silky-smooth consistency. The pasta dough should be rolled out to a thickness of about 2mm. To make tagliatelle, roll the dough into a log, slice thinly across the cross section of the log to give you long ribbons.
6. Cook the fresh pasta in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
7. For the deli sauce: dice the artichokes and place in a medium-hot pan with the chilli and garlic and enough stock to loosen and make a sauce. Add the mascarpone and the salami.
8. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine all the ingredients.
9. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and the sorrel. Stir thoroughly and serve.
Rate This Recipe