- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 kg pumpkin, or winter squash, peeled
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 600 g fresh tagliatelle
- 75 g butter
- 1 handfuls sage leaves
- 50 g ricotta cheese, forked into chunks
- 125 g smoked cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Halve the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Cut the flesh into 3cm chunks and lay on a baking tray. Season, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes or until soft and browned at the edges. Be careful not to cook at too high a heat or the squash will scorch
2. In a large pan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a wide pan and add the roasted pumpkin. Add the sage and gently fry. When the pasta is cooked, drain and toss it in the pumpkin and sage mixture. Season well.
4. Divide among serving plates and top with chunks of ricotta and grated smoked cheese before serving.
Rate This Recipe