- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g tomatoes
- 2 sardines, filleted
- 225 g tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 6 leaves basil
- black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Halve the tomatoes and squeeze out the seeds. Sprinkle the tomato halves lightly with salt and turn cut-side down to drain while you prepare the sardines.
2. Cut the sardine fillets into pieces about 2.5cm square.
3. Dice the drained tomatoes.
4. Bring a large pan of salted wter to the boil. Add in the tagliatelle and cook until al dente, 2-10 minutes depending whether it's fresh or dried.
5. Drain the tagliatatelle, toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and keep warm.
6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and add in the sardine pieces.
7. Fry briefly until the sardine becomes opaque. Add in the diced tomato, olives and basil and season with freshly ground pepper.
8. Fry for 30-60 seconds until hot but not collapsing.
9. Toss the drained tagliatelle with the sardine mixture and serve at once with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe