- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g minced beef
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 25 g chopped coriander
- 1 large spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 red chillies, chopped
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 litres vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1. Place the beef, ginger, garlic, coriander, spring onion, rice wine, pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, sugar, chilli and egg yolk in a bowl.
2. Mix together and shape into small meatballs. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or saucepan.
3. Fry the meatballs in batches until cooked through and browned.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the meatballs on kitchen paper. Wrap each one in an iceberg lettuce leaf, securing with a toothpick, and serve either with sweet chilli sauce or coconut noodles.
Rate This Recipe