- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: medium
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow bean sauce
- 1 pinches ground black pepper
For the pork
- 3 tbsp potato flour
- 2x150 g pork fillets
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
For the spice mixture
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp crushed dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
For the pickled salad
- 100 g carrots, thinly sliced
- 100 g cucumber, thinly sliced
- 100 g Chinese cabbage
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Place the pork in a non-reactive dish and pour over the marinade. Leave on one side for several hours, overnight if possible.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the spice mix and set aside.
3. Mix the pickled salad ingredients in a bowl leave on one side.
4. Coat the pork with the egg yolk and lightly dredge with potato flour.
5. Heat the oil in a wok to 180C, and fry the pork over a moderate heat for about 10 minutes or so, until cooked through and golden brown.
6. Drain on kitchen paper, slice and serve straight away. Accompany with the spice powder and spicy pickled salad.
Rate This Recipe