- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g jaggery, grated
- 60 g tamarind pulp, diluted into 150ml of water
- 1 pinches chilli powder
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds, roasted and crushed into powder
- 1 pinches salt
1. Bring the jaggery and tamarind to a boil in a saucepan and simmer over a low heat until the mixture turns shiny and the jaggery is completely melted.
2. If the mixture starts to get too dry and sticky add more water.
3. Add the chilli, cumin and salt and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Cool and serve at room temperature.
Ideal served with Potato and Paneer Samosas.
Rate This Recipe