- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 barracuda or whole hake, cleaned and descaled
- 300 g tamarind
- 600 ml water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp medium-strength curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 600 ml coconut milk
1. To prepare the fish, cut several deep cuts along the length of its body.
2. Remove the tamarinds from their husks and place them in a bowl with 600ml water. Mix thoroughly until the liquid thickens.
3. Remove the tamarind pods and add the remaining ingredients. Spoon the sauce into the cuts along the fish and wrap the fish in a single layer of tin foil.
4. Grill or barbecue for 20-25 minutes, according to the size of fish, until cooked through. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe