- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leg of lamb
- 4 tamarind pods
1. Mix the garlic, chillies and 3 tablespoons of olive oil together and rub this mixture all over the lamb. Leave for 30 minutes or so to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the tamarind sauce. Simply steep the tamarind pods in a litre of boiling water for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Remove the pods and pour the sauce on to the leg of lamb. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and brown the lamb on all sides. Transfer the lamb to a barbecue and cook for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Alternatively roast in an oven at 200°C/gas 6 for 1 hour.
Rate This Recipe