- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 225 g cooked oak-smoked free-range Tamworth dry-cured ham, roughly chopped
- 225 g cooked unsmoked free-range Tamworth dry-cured ham, roughly chopped
- 450 ml ham stock
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 50-75 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley and chives
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat and gently fry the onions until softened, but not coloured.
2. Add the leek, celery and carrots to the pan and fry for a further 5-8 minutes until the vegetables have also softened.
3. Add the chopped ham and pour the stock in. Simmer for a few minutes to warm the ham through.
4. Stir in the beans and peas and warm through for a further five minutes.
5. To serve, sprinkle with the mixed chopped herbs.
Made with produce from Pheasant's Hill Farm Shop - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe