- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus minimum 1 hour to marinate
- Effort: easy
For the broccoli:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 120 ml thick yogurt
- 1 large bunch purple sprouting broccoli, long stems in tact
For the mint chutney:
- large bunch of mint
- handful of coriander leaves
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 120 g yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. For the broccoli: Place the garlic, ginger and shallot into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste. Fold in the tandoori spice, lemon, 1 teaspoon salt and yogurt.
2. Place the broccoli in a large bowl and pour over the marinade, mixing well with your hands. Pop in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour and maximum of 12 hours.
3. After marinating, preheat the oven to 200C/180C/gas 6. Place the marinated broccoli on a large baking tray and roast for about 25-30 minutes or until tender. Keep an eye on it as the marinade can catch in the oven.
4. For the mint chutney: Place all the chutney ingredients in a food processor and pulse into thick and chunky sauce. Season to taste.
5. Drizzle the purple sprouting broccoli with a little lemon juice to serve with the mint chutney.
Rate This Recipe