- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
For the tandoori mushrooms
- 1½ tsp garlic paste
- 1½ tsp ginger paste
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster and chestnut, cleaned
For the salad
- 100 g baby spinach
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 large handful of walnut, lightly crushed
For the dressing
- 1¼ tbsp aged cider vinegar, sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ red onions, finely sliced
1. For the tandoori mushrooms: mix together the garlic paste, ginger paste, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala, ground cumin, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl.
2. Sort through the mixed mushrooms, keep any small shiitake or oyster mushrooms whole and halving the larger ones. Cut the chestnut mushrooms into thick slices. Add the mushrooms to the marinade, mixing well to coat, then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Transfer the mushrooms to a roasting tray, discarding the marinade. Grill for 6-8 minutes, turning the mushrooms over halfway through cooking, until lightly charred all over.
5. For the dressing: whisk together the dressing ingredients and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. For the salad: place the baby spinach leaves into a bowl. Add the soft-boiled eggs, walnuts, cooked mushrooms and dressing and toss well to coat.
7. Divide the salad among serving plates.
Rate This Recipe