- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins to marinate
- Effort: easy
- 4x150 g organic salmon steaks, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 8 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp mediumhot paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp grated ginger
For the cucumber raita
- 500 ml low-fat yogurt
- 1 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and grated
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- salt and black pepper
1. Blend the yogurt, paprika, chilli, cumin, lemon juice, oil, turmeric, tomato puree and ginger into a paste and use to coat the salmon. Marinate for 20-30 minutes, before draining off any excess marinade from the salmon.
2. Season the cucumber with salt and leave in a colander for 20 minutes before squeezing out excess juice. Combine the cucumber in a bowl with the onion, yogurt, mint, and coriander and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a griddle until smoking hot over a medium heat. While the griddle is heating, thread the salmon pieces onto skewers.
4. Brush the fish lightly with oil and cook for two minutes on each side. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe