- Serves: 4 as a snack
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 45 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2.5 cm cube ginger, peeled and very finely grated
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and mashed to a pulp
- 5 tsp lemon juice
- 0.25 tsp salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds
- 0.25 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp yellow liquid edible food colouring, mixed with 1 tsp red liquid food colouring
- 225 g frozen peeled prawns, defrosted and patted dry
- 50 g unsalted butter
1. Put the yogurt in a bowl. Beat lightly with a fork or a whisk until is smooth and creamy. Add the ginger, garlic, lemon juice, salt, some black pepper, ground roasted cumin seeds, garam masala and liquid food colouring. Stir to mix and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Push this liquid through a sieve into a second bowl. Add the prawns to the marinade and mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes. Remove the prawns with a slotted spoon, leaving all the marinade behind in the bowl.
3. Melt the butter in a 20-23cm frying pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted completely, turn heat to medium-high and immediately pour in the marinade. Stir and fry for a few minutes or until the butter separates and you have a thick bubbly sauce clinging to the bottom of the pan. Add the prawns and fold them in. Cook for a few minutes, stirring gently. Do not overcook the prawns. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe