- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 leeks
- 25 g soya margarine
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g potatoes, diced
- 600 ml light coloured vegetable stock
- 5-7 tbsp ginger wine, according to taste
- 6 tbsp soya cream
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinches paprika
1. Remove any tough outer leaves from the leeks and top and tail. Leave as much dark green as possible. Cut horizontally into thin slices, rinse well.
2. Melt the margarine in a frying pan and gently fry the leeks for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
3. Add the potato and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add 4 tablespoons of ginger wine and the soya cream.
5. Liquidise until smooth, adding more ginger wine and seasoning if required.
6. Return to the saucepan and gently heat without boiling, stirring all the time. Serve garnished with a sprinkling of paprika.
© Marise Maddison 2008, recipe created for The Vegetarian Society. Visit www.vegsoc.org
for more recipes.
Rate This Recipe