- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: to 10 hours
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.3 kg lean silverside or brisket
- 3 onions, cut into wedges
- 3 celery, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300 ml brown ale
- 100 ml ready-made barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
1. Place the joint on a chopping board and season generously with salt and pepper. Put the whole thing into the base of a large slow cooker, then add the remaining ingredients.
2. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours, or according to your manufacturers' handbook.
3. Serve the pot roast with cheesy mash or pasta.
As part of National Butcher's Week, the Meat Trades Journal has set up a butchers listing service www.findabutcher.co.uk where consumers can find their nearest butcher.
Rate This Recipe