- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 90 mins rising
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 40 g unsalted butter, softenend
- 80 g white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 12 g salt
- 290 ml water
- 1 eggs, beaten for glazing
For the pepper tapenade
- 2 red peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp leaves basil
- 40 ml olive oil
For the olive tapenade
- 120 g pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 30 ml olive oil
1. First, prepare the dough. Place the flour, fresh yeast, butter, water, eggs, salt and water in a mixing bowl and mix together well.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface for 5 minutes, return to the bowl and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the tapenades. Using a food processor, blend together the chopped roast red and yellow peppers, basil and olive oil to a rough puree. Tip out into a bowl and leave on one side.
4. Blend together the olives, coriander and olive oil in a food processor to form a rough puree.
5. Divide the risen dough into two even portions. Roll each portion out into a large rectangle, around half a cm thick.
6. Spread the pepper tapenade on top of one dough rectangle and the olive tapenade on the other.
7. Roll up the dough lengthways over the tapenade, as you would a Swiss roll, and chop into 2.5cm thick rounds.
8. Place the rounds on lined baking sheets and set aside, covered, to rise for half hour.
9. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 5. Brush the tapenade swirls with beaten egg and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Rate This Recipe