- Serves: Makes about 300g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g black olives, pitted (see Cooks note below)
- tbsp salted capers, rinsed and well drained
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 sprig savory or thyme, leaves picked from the stalks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
Use either green or black olives, but whatever you do, don't use pre-pitted olives. Get good quality olives and pit them yourself. You need about 250g pitted weight. Serve the pate on crisp toasts, grilled potatoes, as a dip with young vegetables or on red mullet fillets or grilled meat. It keeps for ages in the fridge.
1. Put all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend together for us long or as little as you like, depending on whether you prefer a chunky or fine texture.
Rate This Recipe