- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr soaking
- Effort: easy
- 150 g shelled walnuts, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour to remove any bitterness
- 30 g stale white bread, crusts removed, soaked in water, then squeezed dry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed to a paste with salt
- 2-3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- a good pinch of ground allspice
- juice of half a lemons
- 6-10 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
1. Rinse and drain the walnuts. Place the walnuts in a food processor with the squeezed bread and blend well.
2. Mix in the garlic, vinegar, allspice, lemon juice, water and olive oil to make a smooth paste. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Rate This Recipe