- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: medium
- 1 bunch of tarragon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 16 rashers smoked streaky bacon
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 200 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- tarragon leaves, (see above)
- wild rice
- French beans
- broad beans
1. First chop the stalks off the tarragon, setting aside the leaves.
2. In a bowl combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, tarragon stalks, mustard and freshly ground pepper.
3. Slice the chicken breasts in half length-wise and place in the olive oil marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Remove the tarragon stalks and sprinkle in a handful of fresh tarragon leaves (reserving some for the sauce) before wrapping each piece of chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers.
5. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
6. Add in the bacon-wrapped chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes each side, until well browned.
7. Pour in the white wine and vinegar, cover and cook for approximately 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
8. Add the cream to the pan juices and bring to the boil. Then add the mustard and remaining tarragon leaves and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Serve with wild rice, French and broad beans.
Rate This Recipe