- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g bought sweet shortcrust pastry
- crème chantilly, to serve
For the filling
- 175 g membrillo (quince cheese)
- 50 g ground almonds
For the topping
- 150 g ground almonds
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 3 eggs
- 75 g lightly salted butter
- 85 ml dry sherry
For the marsala syrup
- 1 tbsp sweet marsala
- 2 tsp sugar
Tips and Suggestions
Crème chantilly is made by whipping sweetened double cream and flavouring it with vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/ gas 5.
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to 5mm thickness, and use to line a buttered 23cm loose-bottomed flan tin.
3. Prick the bottom of the tart with a fork. Line the pastry case with a large piece of greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans.
4. Bake for 5-7 minutes until the pastry has set in shape. Remove the beans and paper and continue baking for another 10 minutes, until coloured. Reduce the oven to 180C/gas 4.
5. Blend the quince cheese and ground almonds together, and spread over the base of the pastry case.
6. Whisk together the ground almonds, cinnamon, lemon zest, egg, butter and dry sherry, and spread over the quince paste.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, before transferring the flan to a wire rack to cool.
8. For the marsala syrup, reduce the marsala and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat to make a thick syrup.
9. To serve, cut a slice of tart, drizzle the syrup around each plate and serve with a dollop of crème chantilly.
Rate This Recipe