- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 150 g smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2 tsp shallots, finely diced
- black pepper
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- cayenne pepper
- 50 ml gin
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 slice white bread
- 8 thin slices cucumber
- 100 ml olive oil
- handful of baby salad leaves, such as curly endive, rocket and shiso
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4 and the grill to medium.
2. Place the salmon and shallots in a bowl, lightly season and mix together. Stir in the chives, soured cream, cayenne, half of the gin and half of the lime juice and set aside.
3. Use the bread to make melba toast. Toast the bread lightly on both sides under the preheated grill. While the toast is hot, cut off the crust, slice in half diagonally and split the slices into two by slicing down between the toasted sides. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
4. Arrange the cucumber slices on a serving plate and scatter the salmon and shallot mixture over the top.
5. Combine the remaining gin and lime juice with the olive oil in a small jug and use to dress the serving plate.
6. Top the salmon with the salad leaves and melba toast and serve.
Rate This Recipe