- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus resting time
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 250 g plain flour
- 1/2 pack salted butter, straight from the fridge
- 2 egg yolks
- splash milk
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
For the filling
- A selection of finely sliced herbs
- 4 eggs, plus 2 yolks
- 300 ml double cream
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- handful freshly grated parmesan
1. For the pastry: put the flour and cold butter in a blender and give it a quick whizz, add 2 egg yolks, season with salt and pepper and continue to blend.
2. Tip the contents out into a mixing bowl and add a splash of milk. Wrap the pastry mixture in cling film and press into a solid shape with your fingertips. Place it in the fridge for an hour, or in the freezer for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Remove the pastry from the fridge or freezer, and grate it into your tart case, pressing it in to fit the case. Then put into the oven for 12 minutes, or until golden.
4. For the filling: Meanwhile put your herbs into a mixing bowl with 4 whole eggs and 2 yolks, salt and pepper and the double cream and use a balloon whisk to bring the ingredients together.
5. Remove the tart case from the oven and brush with egg wash. Turn the oven temperature down to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
6. Place lumps of ricotta evenly over the pastry case, and then pour over the creamy herb mixture. Finish with a handful of grated parmesan cheese and then cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Rate This Recipe