- Serves: Serves 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 425g packet frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, defrosted
- 10 plum tomatoes
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head frisée
- 135g jar caper berries, drained
- 135g jar oil-cured black olives, drained and pitted
- extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Using a small plate or bowl as a guide, cut four 15cm diameter circles of pastry. Place on the baking sheet and prick with a fork.
3. Arrange the tomato slices on the pastry circles. Sprinkle with the shallots and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
5. Combine the frisée, caper berries and olives in a salad bowl. Toss to mix.
6. Transfer the tart to a serving plate. Drizzle some olive oil onto the tart and around the edge of the plate. Serve with the salad.
Rate This Recipe