- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 160 g puff pastry
- 8 apples
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp Grand Marnier
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
For the caramel sauce:
- 55 g caster sugar
- 125 ml double cream
1. First make the caramel sauce. Melt the sugar gently in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, then cook until it thickens and darkens and turns to a dark caramel.
2. Carefully add the cream a little at a time. Mix together and set aside to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
4. Roll out the puff pastry very thinly. Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
5. Using a small saucer cut out 10 pastry circles. Turn up the edges of each circle slightly. Place the pastry circles on greased baking sheets.
6. Fan the apple slices carefully on each pastry circle, starting from the outside edge and working your way into the middle.
7. Sprinkle each apple tart with caster sugar and drizzle over the melted butter and a touch of Grand Marnier.
8. Bake the tarts for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the apple has cooked through. Meanwhile, gently reheat the caramel sauce.
9. Serve the apple tarts warm from the oven with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe