- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 50 g butter, for greasing
- 18 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 roasted yellow pepper, deseeded, peeled and thinly sliced lengthways
- 6 tinned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 18 black Kalamata olives, in olive oil pitted
- 12 oil-cured fillets of anchovy fillets
- baby capers, rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- 250 g puff pastry
- freshly ground black pepper
For the rocket garnish:
- 100 g rocket
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Use the butter to grease six non-stick 10cm tartlet tins. Chill for 15 minutes to harden the butter.
2. Arrange the vegetables, olives, anchovies and capers on the bottom of the tins.
3. Sprinkle with the thyme and season well with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 3mm. Cut out six 12cm circles.
5. Place a circle on each of the tins and push down around the contents. Once done, repeat and tighten the edge so that each tart has a flat top and complete 1cm rim all the way round the filling.
6. Chill the tarts until ready to cook.
7. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
8. Put the tarts in the oven straight from the fridge. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is browned and the filling starts to smell fragrant.
9. Invert the tarts onto the serving plates so the pastry is on the bottom.
10. Put the rocket in a bowl. Whisk the vinegar and oil and pour over the rocket. Toss to mix.
11. Place a small bunch of rocket beside each tart. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe