- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large potatoes, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2-3 tbsp dry white wine
- small handful chives, chopped
- black pepper
- 200 ml single cream
- 4-5 slices les deschamps cheese, (or any cheese with good melting qualities)
1. Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until they are soft but not mushy. Lightly butter a 23x30cm ovenproof dish and lay the potatoes evenly in the dish.
2. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bacon, onion and garlic together for 3-4 minutes. Add the wine and chives and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
3. Stir this mixture into the cooked potatoes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Pour over the cream and place the cheese slices across the top.
5. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe