- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 5 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 25 g butter
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g lardons of bacon, or 6 rashers smoked back bacon snipped into small pieces
- 250 g reblochon cheese, cut into chunks
- 142 ml single cream
- salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, then add in the potato slices and boil for 8-10 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
3. Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the onion and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring now and then.
4. Add in the bacon, mixing well, and fry for a further 5 minutes until both the onion and bacon are lightly browned.
5. Layer half the potato slices in a buttered 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over half the onion and bacon mixture and half the Reblochon cheese. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Repeat the layering with the remaining potato, onion, bacon and Reblochon.
7. Pour the cream evenly over the potato dish.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
10. Serve with a salad.
Rate This Recipe