- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g reblochon cheese, or a wedge of Tomme De Savoie cheese
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g smokedlardons of bacon
- 1 kg waxy potatoes, preferably ratte
- 250 ml double cream
- good dash white wine
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain, thickly slice and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the sliced onion, garlic and bacon lardons - they should soften, but not take on any colour.
3. Add the potatoes to the pan and continue to cook gently for 4-5 minutes. Pour in the white wine and cook down until almost all of it has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
4. Cut the Reblochon cheese in half horizontally - you might like to leave the rind on. Butter a gratin dish, and tip in the potato mixture. Pour over the cream.
5. Place the reblochon halves on top, rind-side upwards, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted into the potatoes.
6. Serve with a green salad dressed with walnut oil dressing and crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe