- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg waxy potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large onions, sliced
- 200 g smoked bacon, cut into small dice or lardons
- 4 plump cloves garlic, finely chopped
- bunch of lemon thyme
- black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp dry white wine
- 200 ml single cream
- 500 g reblochon cheese, liced
Tips and Suggestions
If you cannot get lemon thyme you can substitute normal thyme.
1. Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the onions and bacon and fry for 10 minutes, until well coloured. Add the garlic, lemon thyme, and the part-cooked potatoes. Continue to cook, stirring all the time until the potatoes are soft, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the white wine.
3. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 7. Transfer the mixture to a large ovenproof gratin dish and pour the cream over. Lay the Reblochon slices over the mixture, completely covering it. Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is golden and crispy. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe