- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 115 g butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 12 slices smoked pancetta
- 900 g new potatoes, cut into 2cm thick slices
- 100 ml schnapps
- 100 ml white wine
- 600 ml double cream
- 450 g gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- black pepper
1. Heat the butter in a large, deep, heavy-based frying pan until melted.
2. Add the garlic, shallots and pancetta and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the potatoes and mix well.
4. Pour in the schnapps and bring to the boil.
5. Add the wine and bring to the boil.
6. Cook until reduced by half then add the cream, mixing it in. Bring to the boil once more.
7. Add the Gruyere and cook, stirring, until melted. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe