- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the tartlets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g celeriac
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 250 g spinach leaves, chopped
- 250 g Loch Arthur organic cheddar cheese, diced
- 250 g puff pastry, (bought or home-made)
For the roasted vegetables
- parsnips, thickly sliced
- butternut squash, thickly sliced
- courgettes, thickly sliced
- sweet potatoes, thickly sliced
- red onions, thickly sliced
- cooked beetroot, thickly sliced
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. For the roasted vegetables: toss your choice of vegetables in olive oil in a roasting tin and place in the oven while you make the tartlets.
3. To make the tartlets: heat a frying pan and add the olive oil, then the celeriac and stir until softened.
4. Add the cream and spinach and cook for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted, then allow to cool.
5. Mix the cheese with the celeriac mixture, while it is slightly warm.
6. Season with a little pepper and salt to taste.
7. Roll out the puff pastry dough and cut into 4 x 10cm diameter (small saucer size) circles.
8. Lightly press a smaller circle of about 7cm (a small cup size) on top of each circle. (When placed in the oven, the outer circle will rise in the oven).
9. Place the tartlets on a baking tray and spoon the celeriac and cheese mixture inside the centre circle.
10. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, with the vegetables in the roasting tin.
11. Serve immediately accompanied by the roasted vegetables.
Rate This Recipe