- Serves: makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus soaking overnight
- Effort: easy
- 135 g muscovado sugar
- 300 ml black tea
- 450 g raisins, washed
- 1 egg
- 240 g flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 50 g glacé cherries
- 2 tsp mixed candied peel
- small handful almonds, chopped
1. Dissolve the sugar in the tea. Add the raisins and leave to soak overnight.
2. The next day, preheat the oven to 160C/gas 4. Grease a 20cm loaf tin or small round cake tin.
3. Beat the egg and mix in the raisins and their soaking liquid.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Add all the other ingredients stir well.
5. Spoon into the tin and bake for 1 hour.
Rate This Recipe