- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 85 g demerara sugar
- 85 g long grain rice
- 12 tea bags, torn open and the bags discarded
- 2 x 225 g chicken breasts
- 2 lemons, halved
- 100 g wild rocket
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- black pepper
1. Put the sugar, rice and tea leaves into a bowl and combine. Line the base of a large sturdy pan with aluminium foil and sprinkle over the rice and tea mixture. Cover with another layer of foil and place the pan over a moderate heat.
2. Once the pan begins to smoke, place the chicken on top of the tin foil and drizzle with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add the lemon halves.
3. Cover with a tight fitting lid or more kitchen foil and leave the chicken to smoke on the stovetop, over a moderate heat, for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, leave to cool slightly before slicing into thin strips.
5. Dress the rocket leaves by placing the leaves into a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and black pepper; toss together.
6. Scatter over the grated cheese and top with the warm smoked chicken. Squeeze over the juice from the smoked lemon halves and serve.
Rate This Recipe