- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus overnight marinating and chilling
- Effort: medium
- 200 g minced veal, from the neck
- 200 g minced pork, from the neck
- 900 g lard, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp cognac, or armagnac
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 eggs
- 600 ml strong veal stock, or teal stock
- 150 g blanched pistachio nuts
- 20 g salt
- 5 g pepper
- 550 g teal, cut into strips
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8-10 small duck livers
1. Combine the veal, pork and lard. Add the alcohol and herbs and leave to marinate for 12 hours in a cool place.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4
3. Add the eggs, the stock, pistachios and salt and pepper. Stir in the teal strips with the sugar.
4. Pack half the mixture into a terrine mould. Lay the duck livers on top and cover with the remaining mixture. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes until cooked.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Chill in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
6. To serve: reheat the terrine and serve with brioche.
Rate This Recipe