- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
For the sauce
- 50 ml mirin
- 50 ml soy sauce
- handfuls bonito flakes, (katsuobushi)
- daikon radish, peeled (optional)
- 1 tsp grated ginger, (optional)
1. Put all the sauce ingredients in a pan with 200 ml of water and heat until boiling.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the sauce to cool. Once cooled, strain it through a sieve. Squeezing the katsuobushi well to take all the flavour out of the sauce.
3. For the daikon, grate it on a fine grater and then squeeze well to remove any excess moisture. Shape into little cones with a little grated ginger on top. Then serve in or along side the dipping sauce.
Recipe and image supplied by Eat-Japan
Rate This Recipe