- Serves: 10
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g flour
- 115 g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 175 g light corn syrup
- 115 g corn oil
- 15 ml tequila
- 225 g tinned crushed pineapple chunks, in unsweetened juice, drained
- 150 g coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl beat together the eggs, corn syrup, corn oil and Tequila.
4. Gradually stir in the flour mixture making a thick, moist mixture. Mix in the pineapple and coconut.
5. Transfer the mixture into a greased and floured loaf tin, 23cm x 13cm x 7.5cm.
6. Bake the bread for an hour until cooked through. Test by inserting a skewer into the centre of the loaf. If it comes out clean the bread is cooked through; if not, bake for a further 5 minutes and test again.
7. Remove the bread from the oven. Cool for 10 minutes in its tin, then turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Rate This Recipe