- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g beef fillet, trimmed
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 mild red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced (diagonally)
- 1 handful each of mint, coriander and flat leaf parsley
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
1. Heat a frying pan over a high heat until very hot, brush the beef with the oil and then season generously. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until charred on the outside but nice and rare on the inside. Leave to rest for 10 minutes then cut into thin slices and place in a shallow dish, reserving any juices.
2. Add the chillies, cucumber, spring onions and herbs.
3. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients until well combined.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and carefully toss together. Divide between four dishes and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe