- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 dried Thai red chillies
- 6 Thai shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 good handfuls each fresh mint, coriander and Holy basil leaves
- 500 g thick-cut sirloin steaks
- vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- cabbage, to serve
1. Heat a small heavy-based pan and dry-fry the chillies (with no oil) for about a minute making sure they dont burn and that your kitchen is well-ventilated. Remove from the heat and grind the chillies to a powder using a pestle and mortar. Set aside for the dressing.
2. Mix the shallots with mix with a good handful of mint, coriander and basil leaves. Lay them on a platter or similar serving plate.
3. Rub the steak with a little vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat a griddle pan and cook the steak for 2 minutes on each side, then leave to rest for 2 minutes.
4. Slice the steak thinly and lay the slices on top of the herbs and shallots. Mix together the fish sauce, lime juice and 2 generous pinches of the ground chilli powder. Pour over the salad to dress it. Serve with cabbage.
Rate This Recipe