- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Thai bird's eye chillies, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 200 g lean minced beef
- 1 red onion, roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, such as Blue Dragon
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce, such as Blue Dragon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 20 leaves Thai basil, (optional)
- mixed leaves
- handfuls chopped peanuts, to garnish
Tips and Suggestions
Pork mince works equally well in this dish.
1. In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic and chillies, stirring well, until the garlic begins to brown.
2. Add the minced beef and stir fry over a high heat, breaking apart the meat and mixing in the garlic and chilli.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and continue to stir fry until the beef is cooked through. Arrange over the plated lettuce leaves and garnish with chopped peanuts.
Rate This Recipe