- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g leftover rare roast beef, thinly sliced and cut into short, thin strips
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and cut into 2.5cm batons
- 1/2 red onions, finely sliced
- punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 baby gem lettuce, (leaves separated) or a selection of baby salad leaves
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut unto wedges, to serve
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp clear honey
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1. Make a dressing by combining the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, chilli sauce, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
2. In a bowl mix the beef strips with the cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, mint and coriander.
3. Toss the beef mixture with the dressing.
4. Place the lettuce in a serving dish and top with the dressed beef. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and serve at once with the lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe