- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 large clove garlic, mashed into a paste with a little salt
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 lime leaves, shredded
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves, and stalks, chopped
- 12 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 225 g raw tiger prawns, de-vined
- 225 g Thai pea aubergine, washed
- 4 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 30 ml fish sauce
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large saucepan over a high heat and fry the curry paste for three minutes.
2. Add garlic, lemongrass, lime leaves and half the coconut milk and cook for about five minutes, until the sauce starts to split.
3. Add the coriander, chicken and chillies and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the remaining coconut milk and cook for a further three minutes.
5. Add the prawns and the pea aubergines and cook for two minutes or until the prawns have turned a pink colour.
6. Just before serving, fold in basil leaves, lime juice and fish sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with Thai fragrant rice.
Rate This Recipe