- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes including 20 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 450 g minced chicken
- 3 carrots, grated
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 small egg
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil, for frying
For the salsa
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 orange pepper, very finely diced
- 1/2 bunches spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- salad leaves, ideally rocket
- mango chutney
1. To make the burgers, mix the chicken, carrot, spring onions and Thai green paste together in a large bowl. Add the egg and stir well to combine.
2. Divide the chicken mixture into 4 and shape into burgers. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, make the salsa. Simply combine all the salsa ingredients and leave on one side to allow the flavours to develop.
4. When you are ready to cook the burgers, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers for about 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Serve in ciabatta rolls with crisp salad leaves and a dollop of mango chutney.
Rate This Recipe