- Serves: makes 20
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 lemongrass, stalk only, outer layer removed and finely chopped
- 500 g minced chicken
- 2 tsp peeled and finely chopped or grated root ginger
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 75 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, (nam pla)
- 100 ml sweet chilli jam
Tips and Suggestions
Try this with Sweet chilli jam
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and oil a baking tray with sunflower oil.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
3. Wet your hands then shape the mixture into 20 balls each about 2cm in diameter. Transfer to the prepared baking tray and lightly flatten to form small patties.
4. Place in the oven and cook for 1012 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve with sweet chilli jam.
Rate This Recipe