- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked and cut into small dice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp deep fried shallots
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp roasted coconut
- 1 small bird's eye chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, roughly torn
For the Nam Jihm Dressing:
- 1 bird's eye chilli
- 5 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2cm knob ginger, finely chopped
- handfuls coriander, including roots
- 4 clove garlic
- pinch of salt
- juice of 6 limes
- 60 g palm sugar
- fish sauce, to taste
- 4 betal leaves, iceberg wedges or gem lettuce
- 100 g thai rice, dry roasted until golden then grind to powder
Tips and Suggestions
Nam Jihm means chilli lime
1. Make the Nam Jihm dressing. Using a pestle and mortar, pound the chillies, ginger, coriander and garlic with the salt.
2. Add to this the limejuice, sugar and fish sauce. It should taste hot, sour and sweet.
3. For the wraps, mix the chicken together with the remaining wrap ingredients and stir in 2 tablespoons of the Nam Jihm dressing.
4. Spoon the mixture into the chosen leaves, sprinkle with the rice powder and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe