- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating and freezing time
- Effort: easy
- 500 g beef fillet, trimmed
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- small bunches mint leaves, finely chopped
- small bunches coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
1. Wrap the beef in cling film and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes - this makes the beef easier to slice thinly.
2. For the dressing: mix the garlic, chillies, mint, coriander, lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce and sugar together in a bowl.
3. Slice the fillet as thinly as you can and lay all the slices out on a serving dish, trying not to overlap them if possible.
4. Spoon the dressing over the meat and leave it to marinate for 1-2 hours. The lime and vinegar will start to cook the beef.
5. Heat the sesame oil in a saucepan until hot, and pour it carefully over the marinated beef.
6. Leave for 2-3 minutes for all of the flavours to mix. Serve.
Rate This Recipe