- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 3 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
Thai Coconut Jelly
- 250 ml milk
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, sliced
- 2 lime leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 small red chilli, cut in half
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 125 g caster sugar
- 3 tsp powdered vegetarian gelatine, (agar agar)
- honey-roasted peanuts, chopped to serve
1. Put the milk, lemon grass, lime leaves, ginger and chilli in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
2. Strain the infused milk into a measuring jug and add enough coconut milk to make up to 500 ml. Discard the flavourings and reserve the remaining coconut milk for another use. Return the infused milk to the pan and, using an electric hand-held mixer, whisk in the sugar and gelatine until dissolved. Heat gently, whisking continuously, until almost boiling, then transfer to a jug.
3. Pour the liquid into 4 glass bowls. Let cool, then chill for three hours or until set. To serve, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Rate This Recipe