- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Effort: medium
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 100 ml fish sauce
- 100 ml light soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped stalks coriander
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- black pepper
- 2 cod steaks, each 150g
- 5 g cornflour
For the mussels
- 25 g butter
- 125 g breadcrumbs
- 25 g coriander, thinly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, rushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 6 green lip mussels, cooked and top shells removed
1. Peel the tough outer layer from the lemon grass. Finely chop the white bulbous part of the stalk, discarding the fibrous remainder.
2. Mix together the fish sauce, light soy sauce, lime juice, lemon grass, lime leaves, coriander stalks, vegetable oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Coat the cod steaks in the fish sauce mixture and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
5. Remove the cod steaks, reserving the marinade. Place the cod in a roasting tray and roast for 4-6 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to the boil in a saucepan. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste, then stir it into the simmering marinade, stir the sauce until it thickens and set aside.
7. To cook the mussels, preheat the grill. Mix together the butter, crumbs, coriander, garlic and chili. Press the breadcrumb mixture onto the mussels, then grill for a couple of minutes to crisp.
8. Place the cod steaks on 2 warm serving dishes, garnish with the mussels and drizzle the sauce over the top.
Rate This Recipe