- Serves: Makes enough for 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 1 hr for marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium red chilli, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely sliced
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander or mint
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tsp caster sugar
- good pinch salt
1. Peel the cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon and throw them away. Cut the cucumber into fine, half-moon shaped slices.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand for an hour before serving.
Rate This Recipe