- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp canola oil, or another light-flavoured oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 370 g cold cooked rice, preferably jasmine
- 1/2 small red onions, sliced
- 1/2 tomato, cut into 3 wedges
- 30 g green vegetables, such as mangetout or Chinese broccoli, finely sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- sprigs coriander
- 1/2 Lebanese (short) cucumber, sliced
- 1 wedge of lime
Tips and Suggestions
You should cook each portion separately: If cooking for more than one I have all the ingredients ready so I can quickly prepare the next serve.
1. Heat a wok or a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the base of the pan. Stir-fry the garlic for 1 minute, then add the rice and stir for 2 minutes. Add the onion, tomato and green vegetables and stir-fry for another minute.
2. Make a deep well in the centre of the rice and pour in the egg, if using. Lightly scramble for 20 seconds until nearly cooked, then fold through the rest of the rice.
3. Sprinkle over the fish sauce and stir to combine. Serve with the coriander sprigs, cucumber slices and a lime wedge
Rate This Recipe